⚡Click here for Ongoing College Scholarships 2023-2024⚡
The CHED Scholarship 2023-2024 Online Application is open to apply for all Filipinos. You recently graduated from high school. Your next goal is to get a college diploma. However, you have realized that college is costly and that your family cannot afford it. How will you pay for your college education?
Although tuition at state universities and colleges is now free, there are other expenses to consider, including as books, transportation, a daily living allowance, and uniforms. Definitely, these are not free, but don’t give up, though.
The Commission on Higher Education (CHED) has launched the CHED Scholarship 2023-2024 program which will help you pay for your college education.
Do you want to be a CHED scholar? Continue reading to learn how you can become one.
CHED Scholarship 2023
The CHED Merit Scholarship Program 2023 is open for all incoming first-year college students who want to pursue their undergraduate studies in any CHED recognized priority programs in private higher education institutions (HEIs) or State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) and Local Universities and Colleges (LUCs). for the AY 2023-2024.
What are the Qualifications?
Below are the CHED Scholarship 2023-2024 qualifications.
- The applicant must be Filipino citizen
- He or She must be Graduating high school student/ High school graduate with general weighted average (GWA) of at least 90%
- Must be a Student-applicant belonging to the special group of persons such as the underprivileged and Homeless Citizens under Republic Act (RA) No. 7279, Persons with Disability (PWDs) under RA No. 7277 as amended, Solo Parents and/or their Dependents under RA 8371, shall submit certifications and/or Identification Cards (IDs) issued by the appropriate offices or agencies.
- Must avail of only one government-funded financial assistance program.
- Enroll in the Courses as intended in the list of CHED Priority Programs.
Link to CHED Priority Courses.
What are the Requirements?
Below are the list of CHED Scholarship documentary requirements:
- Proof of Citizenship: Certified true copy of Birth Certificate
- Academic Requirements:
- High school report card for incoming freshmen students eligible for college; and
- Duly certified true copy of grades for Grade 11 and 1st semester of Grade 12 for graduating high school students
- Income Requirements (whichever is applicable)
- Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) of parents or guardian;
- Certificate of Tax Exemption from the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR);
- Certificate of Indigence either from their Barangay or Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD);
- Case Study report from DSWD; and
- Latest copy of contract or proof of income, for the children of Overseas Filipino Workers and seafarers
- Other Requirement
- Identification Card (ID) – Special Group (Underprivileged or Homeless, PWD, Solo Parent, Senior Citizen, Indigenous People)
READ: Apply for SM College Scholarship 2023 – ends on March 31
How to apply for CHED Scholarship 2023?
You can apply for CHED Scholarship by following the 3 steps given below:
- Preparing the complete documentary requirements
- Scanning the required documents clearly.
- Sending the application and documents ONLINE to your respective CHED Regional Office. (links given below)
Benefits of CHED Scholarship Program
You do not have to worry about paying your tuition, miscellaneous fees, or other school costs as a CHED scholar. Scholars will also receive a monthly allowance or stipend every semester. This will be released directly to the scholars or through the school/Higher Education Institution.
CHED Scholarship Benefits:
- Book/Connectivity allowance
- Tuition and other school fees (TOSF),
- Stipend per semester
Below is an overview of financial assistance:
CHED scholars who choose to enroll a state or public institution receive FREE tuition as well as a stipend and book allowance of up to P80,000.
CHED scholars enrolled in a private university will receive up to P40,000 for tuition and other school fees, up to P70,000 in stipend, and up to P10,000 as allowance.
Number of Slots for the Scholarship 2023
There are 13,455 slots open and available for students to apply for CHED Scholarship 2023.
Links to CHED Regional Offices
Following are the links to the CHED Regional Offices. Click on your CHED region to apply for CHED Scholarship 2023 online:
- CHEDRO I
- CHEDRO II
- CHEDRO III
- CHEDRO IV
- CHEDRO V
- CHEDRO VI*
- CHEDRO VII
- CHEDRO VIII
- CHEDRO IX*
- CHEDRO X
- CHEDRO XI
- CHEDRO XII
*the links to these CHED sites will be updated soon
For more information and inquiries, kindly contact your respective CHED Regional Office.
CHED Scholarship Deadline
The CHED Scholarship 2023 Deadline is on May 31, 2023.
Join Facebook Community
People also ask:
Is CHED scholarship 2022 still available?
Is there a CHED Scholarship 2022 2023?
Qualifications for CHED Scholarship?
How to apply CHED Scholarship online?
2. Must be a Senior High School graduate OR a candidate for graduation with a general weighted average (GWA) of at least 93% or its equivalent OR a passer of Alternative Learning System (ALS)/Philippine Educational Placement Test (PEPT)
3. Must have guardian/parents with a combined annual gross income of not more than Four Hundred Thousand Pesos (PhP 400,000.00)
4. Must not be a graduate.
Can only apply for one CHED scholars for financial assistance program
5. Should not have completed any degree program.
How much is CHED Scholarship 2022?
Is there an exam for the CHED scholar?
What is the Best Scholarship in the Philippines?
Is CHED scholarship study now pay later?
How many slots are there in CHED Scholarship?
Can i still apply for CHED?
Is CHED higher than DepEd?
Can a 1st year college apply for CHED Scholarship?
What is UniFAST CHED Scholarship?
Is CHED a government Scholarship?
Is CHED scholarship for 2022 to 2023 open?
Is CHED Scholarship suspended for 2022?
What grade is needed for CHED Scholarship?
What are the CHED Scholarship 2022 to 2023 requirements?
2. Duly certified true copy of grades for Grade 11 and 1st semester of Grade 12 for graduating high school students.
3. A certified true copy of the Birth Certificate.
4. Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) of parents or guardian.
5. Certificate of Tax Exemption from Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR).
6. Certificate of Indigence either from their Barangay or Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD).
7. Case Study report from DSWD.
8. Latest copy of contract or proof of income may be considered for children of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) and seafarers.
Who is eligible for CHED Scholarship?
I’m a first year student, can i apply for ched scholarship?
How many courses can i take up?
What if I am unable to enroll in the course for which I applied? Can I transfer to a different course or university?
When is the CHED Scholarship application period?
Where can i get the ched scholarship application form?
What are the Priority courses of CHED?
Electronics and Communications Engineering; Mechanical Engineering
Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
Medical Technology; Nursing; Radiologic Technology (X-ray Tech)
Industrial Chemistry (Chem Tech)
Chemical Engineering (ChE)
Agricultural Biotechnology (ABT)
Veterinary Medicine (VMED).