⚡Click here for Ongoing College Scholarships 2023-2024⚡
The DOST Scholarship program is open to apply for the year 2023-2024. Recently, the Department of Science and Technology-Science Education Institute, DOST-SEI has announced the launch of its new scholarship program for Master’s and Doctoral Students.
Table of Contents
- DOST Scholarship 2023 program
- DOST Scholarship Benefits
- Fields of Study
- Who can apply for DOST Scholarship
- Who else can apply for Scholarship
- Who can’t apply for scholarship
- List of Documentary Requirements
- School Placement and Field of Specialization
- DOST Scholarship Application Deadline
- How to apply for the Scholarship
- Important Links
- DOST Scholarship – Contact Info
DOST Scholarship 2023 program
The Department of Science and Technology – DOST is calling in applications for the DOST Scholarship program 2023. This scholarship program is a collaboration between the Department of Science and Technology-Science Education Institute (DOST-SEI) and the National Consortium in Graduate Science and Mathematics Education (NCGSME).
The DOST Scholarship 2023 is administered under the Capacity Building Program in Science and Mathematics Education (CBPSME) and is open for all eligible and qualified candidates who are looking to pursue their Master’s and Doctorate degrees in the fields of Science and Mathematics Education.
DOST Scholarship Benefits
Following is the list of benefits of DOST Scholarship 2023:
- Tuition & other school fees: Actual
- Monthly Stipend:
- Master’s: ₱25,000
- Doctoral: ₱33,000
- Learning Materials and/or Connectivity Allowance : ₱20,000/AY
- Transportation Allowance: One (1) actual economy class round trip per academic year
- Group Accident & Health Insurance: Premium
- Thesis/Dissertation Allowance:
- Master’s: ₱60,000
- Doctoral: ₱100,000
- Student Research Support Fund:
- Research Grant
- Master’s: ₱114,000
- Doctoral: ₱253,000
- Dissemination Grant
- Master’s: ₱75,000
- Doctoral: ₱150,000
- Mentor’s Fee
- Master’s: ₱36,000
- Doctoral: ₱72,000
- Research Grant
Incentive: The stipends in the remaining months of the scholarship period shall be given to a scholar who completes his/her degree earlier than the end of the said period.
Fields of Study
- Master’s in Mathematics or Science Education
- Doctoral in Mathematics or Science Education
Also Read: Ongoing College Scholarships 2023-2024
Who can apply for DOST Scholarship
Following is the list of eligibility criteria a candidate must meet to apply for DOST scholarship:
- The student must be a Natural-born Filipino citizen;
- He or She must not be more than 50 years old at the time of application;
- Applicant must be in good health and of good moral character;
- The student should pass the admission requirements for graduate studies at any of the NCGSME member-universities;
- Must Have teaching experience:
- at least two years teaching experience in science and mathematics for Doctoral; or
- at least one year teaching experience or
- have graduated with academic honors or graduated as DOST scholar for Master’s;
- Employment status:
- If employed: Allowed to study full-time for two or three years (Residential Mode) and part-time for six years at UPOU (Distance Education Mode); and
- For employees of the DepEd: Officially endorsed by DepEd (Signed Form 2A by Division Superintendent and Regional Director)
- Must have been in service for at least five (5) years.
- Must have at least Very Satisfactory performance rating for the last two (2) years.
- For employed non-DepEd applicants: Certificate of Employment, Permit to Study (Signed Form 2B by the Head of the University);
- Must Not be a recipient of other scholarship; and
- Willing to accept the terms and conditions specified in the Scholarship Contract.
Who else can apply for Scholarship
Applicants with following qualifications can also apply for the Scholarship:
- PhD graduate in a priority S&T program (scholar or non-scholar) who intends to pursue a second PhD degree.
- MS / PhD non-scholar graduate (not S&T related) who intends to pursue a second MS / PhD degree.
Who can’t apply for scholarship
The non eligibility rules of the scholarship are as follows:
- PhD graduate (scholar or non-scholar) who intends to pursue another MS degree program.
- MS graduate in a priority S&T program (scholar or non-scholar) who intends to pursue a second MS degree.
List of Documentary Requirements
Following is the list of documents required to apply for DOST Scholarship:
- Accomplished Information Form (Form 1) (link is given below);
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate;
- If employed, Certification of Employment and Permit to Study (Form 2A or Form 2B);
- Medical Certificate (Form 3);
- Certified True Copy of Service Record, if employed;
- Certified True Copy of Official Transcript of Records (TOR);
- Notice of Admission to the Master’s/Doctoral in Science and Mathematics Education program in the Graduate School at any of the NCGSME member-universities;
- Endorsement from two (2) former professors; and
- Letter of nomination/recommendation from the head of the university.
- Commitment to complete the degree.
- Valid NBI Clearance.
School Placement and Field of Specialization
Following is a table informing school placement and fields of specializations:
|NCGSME Member University||Master’s||Doctoral|
|Ateneo de Manila University (ADMU)||Mathematics Education||Mathematics Education|
|Bicol University (BU)||Biology||Mathematics|
|Cebu Normal University (CNU)||Mathematics Education||Science Education|
|Central Luzon State University (CLSU)||Biology||Science Education|
|De La Salle University (DLSU)||Biology||Biology|
|Leyte Normal University (LNU)||Mathematics Education|
|Mariano Marcos State University (MMSU)||Biology|
|Mindanao State University (MSU), Marawi City||Mathematics||Biology|
|Mindanao State University Iligan Institute of Technology (MSU-IIT)||Biology||Biology Education|
|General Science||Mathematics Education|
|Philippine Normal University (PNU)||Biology||Mathematics Education|
|Saint Mary’s University (SMU)||Biology||Biology|
|University of San Carlos (USC)||Biology||Biology|
|University of the Philippines College of Education-Diliman (UPCE-D)||Biology||Biology Education|
|General Science||Mathematics Education|
|Western Mindanao State University (WMSU)||Biology|
|West Visayas State University (WVSU)||Biology||Biology|
|DISTANCE EDUCATION MODE|
|University of the Philippines Open University (UPOU)||Biology Education|
DOST Scholarship Application Deadline
The deadline date to apply for DOST Scholarship for First Semester of AY 2023-2024 is June 30, 2023.
The deadline date to apply for DOST Scholarship for Second Semester of AY 2023-2024 is November 15, 2023.
How to apply for the Scholarship
All interested and eligible candidates can apply for DOST Scholarship 2023 by obtaining the Application form from the institutions mentioned in the Scholarship announcement (link given below).
For more information on School placements and Fields of Specialization, Terms of Scholarship and Selection of Awardees, visit the Scholarship Announcement page (link given below).
DOST Scholarship – Contact Info
Should you have questions or concerns about the scholarship, please contact the S&T Scholarship Division at
- Tel no.: 8330 8876, 8330 8826
- Email: [email protected]
Get Latest Updates on Facebook
Join Phil Edukasyon Facebook Group for Philippine Scholarships, Education programs, Cash Assistance programs, Civil Service Exams and Government Job updates.