⚡Click here for Ongoing College Scholarships 2023-2024⚡
BPI Pagpupugay Scholarship 2023 Application is open to apply for all eligible Filipinos. Recently on April 4th, the BPI Foundation in it’s Facebook post shared the launch of BPI Pagpupugay Scholarship.
This Scholarship is a tribute to the heroes during the pandemic, this program provides a gift of hope to the next of kin of Medical Frontliners who were badly impacted by Covid-19.
Table of Contents
- What is BPI Foundation?
- Benefits of BPI Foundation Pagpupugay Scholarship
- BPI Pagpupugay Scholarship Eligibility
- Documentary Requirements
- Scholarship Deadline
- How to Apply for BPI Foundation Pagpupugay Scholarship 2023
- BPI Foundation Partner Schools
- Application Process
What is BPI Foundation?
The BPI Foundation is the corporate social responsibility arm of Bank of the Philippine Islands. BPI is one of the largest financial institutions in the Philippines and was established with the mission to create a culture of financial wellness and being agents for sustainable positive change for underserved Filipino communities.
The foundation works to give people in marginalized communities access to:
- Quality education,
- Health services,
- Jobs, and different financial services.
BPI Foundation is in collaboration with a variety of partners, including private sector stakeholders, local government units, and non-governmental organizations.
Benefits of BPI Foundation Pagpupugay Scholarship
Following are the benefits of BPI Foundation Pagpupugay Scholarship 2023:
- Each scholar will receive a scholarship grant of up to P100,000.00 every academic year to help pay:
- Tuition and other incidental expenses given directly to BPIF’s partner institution.
- The financial aid shall only pay:
- School expenses for the ordinary school year or term and
- Shall not, under any circumstances, reimburse school fees originating from or connected to the summer term, unless the summer term is required by the course curriculum.
- For scholars from state universities and colleges, the financial assistance will cover:
- Monthly living subsidy and
- Learning assistance allowance.
BPI Pagpupugay Scholarship Eligibility
Following are the eligibility criteria to be fulfilled by a candidate to apply for Pagpupugay Scholarship:
- Must be a Qualified next of kin of the following medical front liners who passed away or those who contracted COVID-19 in the line of duty:
- Medical technologists
- Community health workers
- Administrative, utility, and support services personnel in health care facilities
- If the deceased is married, priority beneficiaries will be the children.
- If single, beneficiaries can be next of kin up to 3rd degree of consanguinity.
- The candidate should be a college or university student (1st year-4th year/5th year).
- To qualify, eligible students must have and maintain a General Weighted Average (GWA) of 85% or its equivalent, or meet University standards for the previous academic year (for incoming 1st year) or for the previous semester (for incoming 2nd year-5th year).
- The Applicant must NOT be a beneficiary of other scholarship or educational assistance program.
The list of documents required to apply for BPI Pagpupugay Scholarship 2023 are as follows:
- Fully accomplished scholarship application form (bit.ly/AY2023-
- Fully accomplished data privacy form (bit.ly/AY2023-
- If the medical frontliner is deceased: Affidavit of Endorsement and of No Objection (Next of Kin) (https://bit.ly/AY2023-2024Affidavit-NextOfKin)
- If the medical frontliner is still living: Affidavit of Endorsement and of No Objection
- Endorsement letter, duly signed by the authorized representative of the hospital or health care facility where the medical front liner was assigned
- Original or authenticated copies of the following:
- Course curriculum
- If a child of the medical front liner, NSO-authenticated birth certificate of the
- If a sibling of the medical front liner, NSO-authenticated birth certificate of the
applicant and the front liner showing their common parents
- If a nephew/niece of the medical front liner, birth certificate of the applicant,
together with the birth certificate of the applicant’s parent and the medical
front liner showing their common parents
- If a widow/widower of the medical front liner, NSO-authenticated marriage
certificate of the medical front liner.
- PRC ID or License ID of the medical front liner
- If medical front liner is deceased, death certificate of the medical front liner –
indicating COVID-19 or complications due to COVID-19 as cause of death
- If medical front liner is still living, medical certificate of the medical front liner -indicating COVID-19 in the findings
- Latest ITR of parents / guardian of the applicant (Certificate of Indigency)
- Latest previous academic year Transcript of Records or Copy of Grades
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- Only the applications with complete requirements will be processed.
- Scanned copies of application form and other supporting documents may be
submitted. Hard copies will be required once applicants are selected for the
The Deadline to apply for BPI Foundation Pagpupugay Scholarship is May 19, 2023.
How to Apply for BPI Foundation Pagpupugay Scholarship 2023
All Interested and eligible applicants can apply for the BPI Pagpupugay Scholarship 2023-2024 by visiting the BPI Foundation Partner Schools. Please contact and email their respective colleges or universities for more information or submission of applications.
BPI Foundation Partner Schools
Following is an Infographic showing the Partner Schools of BPI Foundation:
For complete list of BPI Foundation Pagpupugay Scholarship Partner Schools, visit our detailed article from here: List of BPI Foundation Partner Schools.
NOTE: If the name of your school is not included in the list of partner schools, you can please coordinate directly with the BPI Foundation through our Scholarships team:
Following is the BPI Foundation Pagpupugay Scholarship application process:
- Partner Schools will screen the applications and will submit a short-list of three (3) nominees to BPI Foundation.
- Successful applicants will be selected from the list of nominees through an evaluation of their academic excellence and financial need.
- Selected scholars will be notified by BPIF of their acceptance to the program through their schools and electronic mail indicated in the application form.
Get Latest Updates on Facebook
Join Phil Edukasyon Facebook Group for Philippine Scholarships, Education programs, Cash Assistance programs, Civil Service Exams and Government Job updates.
[Source: BPI Foundation]